Former Babangida Aliyu has been suspended from the people’s Democratic Party in Chanchaga local Area of Nigeria state.
This decision according to a communique issued at the end of a stakeholders’ meeting in Minna was as a result of 6 weighty allegations which the party in his LGA finds very disturbing and inimical to the party progress.
The communique listed the allegations as
1. Causing disaffection within the party hierarchy even after several peace efforts.
2. String and verifiable allegations of anti-party activities leading to cracks in the party since 2014 that led to loss of Government at the center and the state levels.
This includes disobedience to then President GoodLuck Ebele Jonathan and working against his election success in 2015.
3. Funding of opposition APC in 2015 with the sun of N450million to defeat his own party for personal and selfish reasons.
4. Refusal to participate and attend party activities
5. Undermining and working against the resolutions of party organs especially the state caucus.
6. Causing division that has led to inability to resolve the issues surrounding the position of state legal adviser that has been unoccupied since 2015 in his own Local Government Area.
This and many others have led to the immediate suspension of Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu from the People’s Democratic Party in Chanchaga local Government.
The meeting was attended by 8 ward chairmen of the party out of ten in the LGA, elders and party faithfuls from the LGA.